Discover why property investment is increasing in Florida once more. Read more >
Buying a Property in Florida
If you are interested in escaping the cold of the UK and buying a property in Florida then read on.
There are many reasons why people fall in love with Florida and the idea of living there permanently. None more so than the following:
- Slowing house prices and positive exchange rates
- Over 300 days of sunshine each year
- Some of the worlds most popular tourist attractions, including Universal Studios and Disney Land
- Large number of flights available make Florida easily accessible for UK residents.
- Numerous world class golf courses and beaches
In fact there are over 70 million people who visit Florida each year so it's not surprising that many of them fall in love with the area and start playing with the idea of buying a property in Florida. Even more appealing is the fact that with a permanent population over just 4 million in an area the size of the UK then there is a great amount of space available for everybody to relax, chill out, and enjoy the great weather.
Another great reason why buying a property in Florida is so appealing to English citizens is because of the fact that English is, of course, the spoken language. This makes it extremely easy for British people to settle in, make friends, and generally get by in day to day life, especially when compared to starting a new life in Spain for example.
The biggest headache though is likely to be deciding what type of property to actually buy as there are so many available. Would you decide on an apartment, a house, a condo? Will its location be a suburb, rural, a beach, a golf course, or a marina?
So many choices available!
Buying a Property in Florida - Key Information:
- Allow between 3% and 5% for transfer fees, although this will be more like 2% if you don’t need to take out a mortgage on the property
- Purchase taxes do not exist in Florida, but annual taxes of around 1% of the value of the property apply
- There are no agents’ fees for the buyer
- Ensure you set aside at least $300 (£152) for title service companies
If this article has wet your appetite and has made you seriously consider buying a property in Florida then why not contact us today to discover the properties we have available. Alternatively simply visit check out our Florida properties.